US Podiatry Works
US Podiatry Works, a division of StrideCare, is hiring for a Medical Assistant that will float between the Plano and Medical City Dallas Office. The Medical Assistant will perform various patient care duties and prepares patients for examinations and procedures. They may also assist in cleaning exam rooms and equipment, documentation, laboratory functions, and/or providing other services under the supervision of a Practice Manager and physician.
The qualified candidate will be expected to perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures and deliver exceptional patient care.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records
- Coordinates administrative activities, including patient scheduling, check-in, check-out, and patient medical record documentation.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Adheres to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year Medical Assistance in practice setting experience preferred
- Current Medical Assistant certification
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for this position; including HIPAA and OSHA guidelines
Monday through Friday 8-5
Potential for some extended weekday hours
Employer provided medical insurance