Woodly Foot and Ankle
Woodly Foot and Ankle, a division of StrideCare is seeking a Back Office Medical Assistant, for the Richland Hills location, who is ready for an opportunity to work in a fast pace Podiatry Medical Office. We need a reliable team member that has a minimum of two year medical assisting experience. Podiatry experience is a plus. We need someone who is receptive to learning, multi-tasker, quick learner, friendly, energetic, and dependable. The Medical Assistant will also schedule appointments and send referrals as needed.
- Reports to Podiatrist
- Room patients, take vitals, prepare rooms for podiatry procedures
- Take x-rays and must obtain Podiatry Rad Tech license within 90 days of employment
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by physician
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information are scanned in EMR software and available in patients’ medical record
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls in a timely manner
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians in a timely manner
- Maintain all logs and required checklist (i.e. assist in the ordering of medical supplies, auto clave sterilization fluid change, etc.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by clinical physician and practice manager
2 to 3 years back office medical office experience
- Athena EMR knowledge is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour